Tuesday, May 27, 2008

30 sleeps to go: Food for thought

now it is getting real… under a month.

And the apprehension is mingled with numerous emotions right now. All a little difficult to untangle.

And while I sat and perused the gorgeous excursion booklet while I was having my boring lunch today, I consoled myself with the fact that before long, I would be eating like a queen. Finally. ‘Losing to be cruising’ has definitely got whiskers on it. Don’t get me wrong… I love chicken cup a soups and I adore nashi pears, but really, it doesn’t compare to bombe Alaska in anyone’s language. Still I wouldn’t have lost 10 kgs in mere months on a bombe Alaska diet. Low/no carbs was the only hope I had.

They better have waffles on HAL! No one better get between me and that chocolate night either… that might be hazardous to their health… picture that bridesmaid going for the bouquet in slo-mo…. That’ll be me… trampling any comers…. The elbow that comes out of nowhere is likely to be mine…

I think it’s a safe bet that my suitcase might not be the only thing suffering excess baggage on the return trip :)

And bring it on. I like eating…. I’ve missed savouring morsels of culinary delight. Hopefully, my newfound carb consciousness doesn’t get in the way the enjoyment of said sin.

Hmmm… better pack the gym gear I think.

Oh… and that Yum yum man might be in mortal peril too…. lest he give up and just hand me the tray… (mood dependant of course) – which she types as she put another piece of low carb ( read ‘cardboard’ ) chocolate into her mouth. And in the absence of the real thing, it is having to do.

At least its Cadbury. :)

It still blows me away that before very long I’m going to be on the longest flight I’ve ever been on, followed by being on a continent that I’ve not visited, followed by being on the biggest ship I’ve ever been on, seeing more ice than is imaginable…. :)

Followed by DISNEYLAND! :) :) :) :)

I’m a fortunate girl.

No comments: